[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(racoon 914) racoon and usbnet nic = no IPSEC
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: (racoon 914) racoon and usbnet nic = no IPSEC
- From: "Konstantin V. Gavrilenko" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:09:26 +0000
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: Arhont Ltd. - Information Security
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (X11/20050205)
just thought I'd share my experience of last several days.
Had to change the external nic on the gateway box from standard pci device, to a
usb nic. turned the machine on, everything goes as planned, but no ipsec tunnels
Spent couple of days solving the f*^&king problem, tried different kernels
(2.6.9-2.6.11) and ipsec-tools versions, thought I was going mental.
Only to to find out that my USB Netgear FA-120 would not "work with ipsec".
for some reason, kernel can no create SAs.
Even if you set the tunnels manually, it is still a no go.
The logs are full of:
2005-03-07 15:17:20: ERROR: phase2 negotiation failed due to time up waiting for
phase1. ESP xxx.xxx.xxx.bbb->xxx.xxx.xxx.aaa
2005-03-07 15:17:20: INFO: delete phase 2 handler.
2005-03-07 15:17:24: ERROR: can't start the quick mode, there is no valid
Anyone has any suggestions of why this was happening?
I can post more info if developers are interested.
Konstantin V. Gavrilenko
Arhont Ltd - Information Security
tel: +44 (0) 870 44 31337
fax: +44 (0) 117 969 0141
PGP: Key ID - 0x4F3608F7
PGP: Server - keyserver.pgp.com